RamCT Blackboard Help
Where To Develop Content in RamCT Blackboard
Content can be developed in RamCT Blackboard by instructors and course designers
beginning in February 2012.
During this transition to RamCT Blackboard there are three places
where content can be developed; however, all teaching is done from "Teaching Courses":
- Migrated Course: Courses that were taught in RamCT in summer or
fall 2011, or spring 2012 are migrated into RamCT Blackboard. Instructors, if
you want to use content from summer/fall 2011 or spring 2012, use your migrated
courses! Content and files convert well, however instructors need to
verify and update content, and may want to add new tools. See
Guide for Migrated Courses.
- Migrated courses never have students; content must be copied into a Teaching
- Development Course: Instructors, if you do not have a migrated
course, and a Teaching course is not available (teaching assignment is not yet in
ARIES), you can request a development course in ARIESweb. <LINK>
- Development courses never have students; content must be copied into a Teaching
- Teaching Course: Starting in March/April: Primary Instructors can
request a Teaching course
for summer or fall 2012. (Teaching assignment must be entered into ARIES by the
department scheduler first.) In the Teaching course content can be developed from
scratch, or copied in from a migrated or development course.
- Teaching courses are populated with student enrollments, and are made available
and unavailable (opened and closed) to students systematically before and after
Three Places to Develop Content
- Use your Migrated Course if you have one!
- Request a Development Course in ARIESweb if you don’t have a Migrated course
and your teaching assignment is not yet in ARIES.
- Once your teaching assignment is in ARIES, you can request your Teaching Course
in ARIESweb, then create content from scratch or copy content in from a Migrated
or Development course.