RamCT Blackboard Help
Guide for Migrated Courses
- Content migrates well! (For the most part…)
- Migrated courses are ready for you according to the
RamCT Course Migration Schedule.
- Migrated courses never have students. After updating content in
a Migrated course, instructors will copy content into a RamCT Blackboard Teaching
- Teaching courses can be requested by primary instructors in ARIESweb,
- Because of the new functions and different steps in RamCT Blackboard, migrated
content will be in different places and needs updating.
Resources for working with your migrated courses
READ THIS ONE – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
“Getting Started with a Course Moved from RamCT to RamCT Blackboard”
- by Blackboard
An introduction to the tasks that Instructors and Designers should undertake after
moving a course from RamCT (CE8) to RamCT Blackboard (Blackboard Learn).
“Understanding the Change” - Chart by Blackboard
Maps the terminology used in RamCT (CE8) to the terminology used in the new RamCT
Blackboard (Blackboard Learn 9), and lists all major feature changes.
FAQs, Tips, and What’s New?
Many things changed from RamCT to RamCT Blackboard. See the most notable!
See Workshops & Handouts, How-To’s, Blackboard Videos, the Blackboard
online instructor manual, and an Orientation course.
Steps to prepare content for teaching in RamCT Blackboard
- Log in to work with
- Verify content and fix broken links
- Recreate grade book calculations
- Update content to take advantage of the new functionalities
- Perform normal semester updates
- Test content with a
true student test account
- Copy content into a Teaching course
for use with students.