RamCT Blackboard Help
Challenges and Tips
Challenges of Moving to RamCT Blackboard
RamCT Blackboard is a big change. Over time, these changes will feel like
Be prepared for:
- New interface & new ways of doing things
- Grade Center setup
- Check links & tools with true student account.
- New software will have some bugs!
- Plan time to learn the new system – It’s really different!
Tips for Success
- Be flexible & patient, we are all learning.
- Keep a sense of humor.
- Prepare content in RamCT Blackboard EARLY!
Advice from CSU Agriculture instructor, Steve Newman:
- This is an opportunity to re-invent! There are more tools than before.
- Snoop – Look at other’s courses: your colleagues, Poudre School District, Blackboard
- Make sure you prepare your computer.
- Be fearless! Students can smell fear.
- Use what you already know. And experiment: try out the tools and learn what they
do. You cannot break it!
- Be consistent.
- Consider building your file structure before you build your course.
- Watch videos and ask for help – don’t
waste too much time trying to figure it out alone.
- Make sure you log in to your course as a student, and use multiple computers and
different browsers for testing.